The Genetics Institute is proud to congratulate six faculty members who received the distinguished University of Florida Research Foundation (UFRF) Professorship.
The three-year UFRF Professorships are awarded to tenured full-time associate and full professors. Selection is based on performance in the past five years and having a current research program that places them among the leaders in their discipline and is likely to lead to continued distinction.
Candidate nominations were made by respective Department Chairs between January and March of this year. Each of the 34 annual awards includes an annual salary supplement and grant to support research.
The following six UFGI members and professors from varying departments across campus were awarded a 2014 UFRF Professorship.
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Nico Cellinese – Associate Curator of Natural History
- Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Valerie de Crecy-Lagard – Associate Professor of Microbiology and Cell Sciences
- Jeffrey B. Jones – Professor of Plant Pathology
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Clarence C. Gravlee – Associate Professor of Anthropology
- College of Medicine
- Lauren M. McIntyre – Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Rolf Renne – Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology