Room Reservation Instructions:
Cancer & Genetics Research Complex
2033 Mowry Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
- To reserve a room for a seminar or UFGI-affiliated event, you must first submit a reservation through Outlook calendars.
Accessing from the Outlook Web App (Outlook through an Internet browser):
- Click the “Calendar” tab at the top of the window.
- On the left side of the screen, right-click on “MY CALENDARS” and select “Open Calendar.”
- In the “From directory” field, type “@ UFGI” (make sure to include a space between @ and UFGI).
- Click “Search contacts and directory.”
- Select the desired calendar from the list. The calendar should now be listed under “From directory.” Click “Open.”
- The selected calendar should now be showing on the left side of the calendar window. Uncheck all calendars listed except for the room calendar you selected. You can now view the existing reservations and availability. To submit a room reservation request, click “New event” in the top left corner of the window.
- Click the “+” on the right side of the window.
- Type “@ UFGI” in the search field, then click the “Search” button at the right of the search field. This will bring up the list of room calendars. Select the desired room, and click the “+” to add it to the list of “Required attendees,” then click “OK.”
- If you need IT or A/V setup assistance prior to your event, you need to add “@ CGRC–IT–AVSetup” to your room request. Select “@ CGRC–IT–AVSetup” and click “+” to add it to the list of “Required attendees.” You should now see your desired room and IT-A/V Setup showing in the list of “Required attendees” as shown below. Click “OK.”
- Type the name of your event in the “Event” field. Type the desired room in the “Location” field. This is especially important if you chose to add IT-A/V setup assistance, as this is the only way to know which room needs IT assistance. Make sure your event date, time and duration are accurate, then click “Send” to send your room reservation request.
- You will receive an email letting you know that your room reservation request was received, and is pending approval. If you chose to include IT-A/V assistance, you will receive a notification email for that. Each will be approved separately.
Accessing from Outlook 2011 for Mac:
- While viewing your calendar, click “Open Calendar.”
- In the “User” field, type “@ UFGI” (make sure to include the space between @ and UFGI), then click the icon of the person in front of the organizer that is to the right of the “User” field.”
- Click “Find” to search for rooms, select the room that you want to reserve, then click “OK.”
- The selected room should now be shown in the “User” field. Make sure “Calendar” is selected in the “Type” field, then click “OK.”
- You should now see the selected calendar showing in your list of shared calendars. To check availability, uncheck your personal calendar, so that only the room calendar is check, and you will be able to see the existing reservations and availability.
- Note– If you have the room calendar highlighted, the “Meeting” and “Appointment” buttons are grayed out and not available. If you highlight your calendar, those buttons will be available. To submit a room reservation request, click “Meeting.” Do not use the “Appointment” button.
- Click the “Address book” icon to the right of the “Location” field.
- Select the room you wish to reserve, then click “Add to Meeting” at the bottom of the window.
- If you need IT or A/V assistance prior to your event, you need to add “@ CGRC-IT-AVSetup” to your room request. Select “@ CGRC-IT-AVSetup” and click “Add to Meeting.”
- You should now see the room listed in the “To:” field, as well as the “Location:” field. If you chose to include IT A/V setup assistance, you should see the A/V setup calendar listed in both fields as well.
- You will receive an email letting you know your room reservation request was received and is pending approval. If you chose to include IT A/V assistance, you will also receive a similar email for your It A/V setup reservation request. Each will be approved separately. If you check the room calendar, you will now see your room reservation as “Tentative” until the reservation is approved.”
- Once your room reservation request is approved, you will receive an email letting you know that your reservation has been “Accepted.” You will receive a similar email for IT A/V setup assistance if it was included in your request. You can now check the room calendar, and see that your reservation is showing as “Accepted.”
If you have questions or problems:
- UFGI Rooms – call 352-273-8100 or email UFGIemail@example.com.
- CGRC rooms – call 352-273-8010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.